The Hopewell Valley YMCA is honored to charter Scout BSA Troop 41. Scout BSA Troop 41 recently celebrated their 75th year of continuous operation as a troop. Troop 41 is located in beautiful downtown Pennington Borough at 425 South Main Street, Pennington, NJ in the HVRSD administration building upstairs of the gymnasium. We are very lucky to have our own dedicated scout room which is home to all our Troop memorabilia and camping supplies. Troop 41 is a small, flexible, cohesive, and inclusive group that is scout-led.
Highlights of Troop 41’s scouting adventure:
- Troop 41 meets every Tuesday evening during the academic school calendar year. Due to Covid-19 we are currently conducting our meetings by Zoom.
- Our scouts work on rank requirements during our weekly meetings.
- We go camping every month.
- Scout merit badges are primarily earned at summer camps; which we attend two, Camp Tuscarora in New York and Ockanickon Scout Reservation in Pennsylvania.
- Troop 41 performs a community service monthly, too.
- We go whitewater rafting in the autumn and canoeing in the springtime.
- Our main fundraisers are participating in community cleanup days twice a year and running children’s games at the Hopewell Harvest Fair.
- Troop 41 assists the Hopewell Valley YMCA with the 5 K run on Pennington Day in May and the Holiday walk in December.
- We participate at Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico every 2nd or 3rd year as per the age of our eligible scouts.
- More than half of our scouts successfully achieve the Eagle Scout Rank.
Troop Leader: Elise McCoy; email@example.com