Hopewell Valley’s Best Camp for Working Families
Conveniently located at Toll Gate Elementary school in downtown Pennington, Hopewell Valley YMCA offers a high quality, state licensed and ACA Accredited day camp experience for children in Grades K-9 with daily swim instruction, weekly field trips and a variety of fun filled outdoor and indoor activities led by highly trained staff.
What our families are saying about us!
“The price and the flexibility of the Hopewell Valley Summer Camp are great!”
“I feel that just about every single counselor at the Hopewell Valley YMCA Summer Camp really likes kids and is positive about being there.”
We have three fun camp experiences to choose from:
Traditional Day Camp (Grades K-6)
Campers will be separated by age group. Each group will have a head counselor and assistant counselors. The groups will operate on a daily schedule which will be provided to each camp group.
Tom Jackson Sports Camp (Grades 3-6)
Campers enrolled in Tom Jackson Sports Camp will receive structured fun drills and activities in various sports during the course of the week, as to strengthen their sportsmanship and personal skills. All campers receive instructional and recreational swimming during the week as well as daily snack and weekly trips.
Team Y (Grades 6-9) – NEW THIS YEAR!
Most middle schoolers feel too old for traditional summer camps but are also too young for employment. Wouldn’t you love a fun, safe and enriching camp specifically for your in-betweeners? Well TEAM Y Camp has you covered! Under the direction of our trained and certified Y staff, our YMCA Youth Activity Center creates a home away from home environment that will help kids ages 11-14 have the best summer ever! With activities including outdoor sports, performing arts, astronomy, non-cooking classes, and exciting field trips, we’re confident that our diverse programs will have something for every camper!
Camp Highlights can include:
- Full day camp with extended care available for working families
- Instructional and recreational swimming
- STEM enrichment
- Science activities and experiments
- Weekly field trips to action packed locations
- Art & Crafts
- Daily outdoor play, including water games
- Playground and structured sports
- Group games
- Character development
- Camper driven curriculum
- Develop long-term friendships!
- Professionally trained staff
- Values based programming that focuses on Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Affordable and convenient
2020 Summer Camp Sessions (For individual camp availability, please reference details below):
Week 1: June 22 – June 26, 2020
Week 2: June 29 – July 3, 2020
Week 3: July 6 – July 10, 2020
Week 4: July 13 – July 17, 2020
Week 5: July 20 – July 24, 2020
Week 6: July 27 – July 31, 2020
Week 7: August 3 – August 7, 2020
Week 8: August 10 – August 14, 2020
Week 9: August 17 – August 21, 2020
Week 10: August 24 – August 28, 2020
Traditional Summer Camp (Grades K-6):
- YMCA Core Camp Day: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM; $340 per week per camper; Weeks 1-10 (Week 10 fee is $400 – increased fee impacted by daily trips)
- YMCA Flex Camp Day: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM; $299 per week per camper; Weeks 1-9
- YMCA All Day Camp: 7:00 AM – 6:30 PM; $375 per week per camper; Weeks 1-10 (Week 10 fee is $450 – increased fee impacted by daily trips)
Tom Jackson Sports Summer Camp (Grades 3-6):
- Tom Jackson Core Camp Day: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM; $340 per week per camper; Weeks 2-9
- Tom Jackson Flex Camp Day: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM; $299 per week per camper; Weeks 2-9
- Tom Jackson All Day Camp: 7:00 AM – 6:30 PM; $375 per week per camper; Weeks 2-9
TEAM Y Summer Camp (Grades 6-9):
- TEAM Y Camp Day: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM; $299 per week per camper; Weeks 2-8
Registration is by weekly or daily depending on your needs.
As a reminder, registration closes Thursday at noon, the week prior to a scheduled camp week. Ex: Registration for week 3 (7/6-7/10) closes on 7/3 @noon. Please note that a youth ($50) and/or family ($105) YMCA membership is required to attend summer camp.
If you have any questions, contact Daniel Williams, Senior Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Assistance Available
As a charitable organization, the Hopewell Valley YMCA offers financial aid to families in need of assistance, ensuring that every child has the opportunity to have a true summer camp experience and all families are welcome at the YMCA. The application process is simple and confidential. (link to application)
Hopewell Valley YMCA Camp is a State Licensed Day Camp and is accredited by the American Camp Association. (ACA) Accreditation is a voluntary process and means our camp meets over 300 standards in healthy and safety, staff qualifications and training, quality programming, and emergency management. The American Camp Association collaborates with experts from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Red Cross, and other youth-serving agencies to assure that current practices at our camp reflect the most up-to-date, research-based standards in camp operation.
Looking for an overnight camp experience? Visit our fellow YMCA Camps: