Diabetes Prevention Program
What is the Diabetes Prevention Program?
The Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) is designed to help reduce the reduction of Type 2 Diabetes with Lifestyle Intervention through Group Lifestyle Balance. Participants will engage in weekly meetings with coaches and fellow participants, to help crush your individual goals and start the path to a healthier lifestyle.
This small-group program developed by SparkPro, helps people with prediabetes eat healthier, increase their physical activity and lose weight, which can delay or even prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes. Research has shown that YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program can reduce the number of new cases of type 2 diabetes by as much as 58% and by 71% among adults aged 60 years or older.
- Lose 5-7% of your body weight and/or reduced A1C
- Gradually increase your physical activity to 150 minutes per week
- Participants do this through:
- Healthy Eating
- Increasing Physical Activity
- Losing Weight
- One-year long high-intensity intervention program
- Six months of weekly core sessions and six months of monthly core maintenance
- Location: Virtual Meetings
- Participants will receive a Bluetooth scale and activity trackers as incentives
TO JOIN CDC’S NATIONAL DPP LIFESTYLE CHANGE PROGRAM YOU MUST BE:
- 18 years or older
- Not diagnosed with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes
- Not currently pregnant
- Diagnosed with prediabetes through a blood test
- Previously diagnosed with gestational diabetes
- High-risk result on prediabetes risk test
As part of the program, participants will receive unique gifts as they achieve different milestones during the program.
Dates: Starts in November from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, weekly
The actual start date will reflect registered participants.
For questions regarding the program, contact Daniel Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org, 609.737.3048
Are you at Risk?
Take a quick quiz to help determine if you may be at risk for developing diabetes or prediabetes.