The Hopewell Valley YMCA is looking for energetic community members who are interested in working with children, helping the community and making a difference in people’s lives. Please contact, Daniel Williams, email@example.com
Employment Application (PDF)
We are currently interviewing for:
Child Development Assistants
Under the direction of the After School Site Supervisor and the School-Age Director, will be responsible for implementing a structured, educational and recreational before and/or after school program for children ages 5-13. The Child Development Aide must possess the ability to work with children and coworkers in a structured setting. He/She must be able to work with children, parents, off-site school personnel and fellow staff in a mature and sensitive way, consistent with the YMCA philosophy.
Experience: A Child Development Aide must be at least 16 years old to work in the program. Experience is recommended, but not required.
Provide leadership to instructional areas of Aquatic programs according to the YMCA Aquatic Program Model. He/she will exemplify the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Minimum age of 15
- Oversight of the pool, ensuring safety of participants in and around the pool
- Ensure all classes are taught with the safety of the participant foremost.
- Follow pool rules at all times, modeling for the participants.
- Develop positive relationships with participants and provide motivational support and guidance.
- Perform all duties with caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Begin and end classes on time.
- Maintain records of skills, attendance and trainings.
- Complete progress cards for each level and student taught in a timely manner.
- Attend all swim instructor in-services.
- Is absent no more than two times in session
- Current Lifeguard certification
- First Aid/CPR for the professional rescuer certified and current
- Oxygen Administration certification obtained within the first 90 days
- Available for scheduled shifts
Other Program Positions
- Aquatics swim instructor
- Aquatics Lifeguard
- Aquatics Coordinator
- Preschool sports instructor
- Youth Sports Instructor (ie. Basketball, Soccer, T-ball)
- Yoga Instructor
- Intramural Sports Instructor, Monday – Friday, afternoons, rotate amongst the schools
Child Care Positions
- Child Development Assistants for Before and After School Program
- Substitute School Age Child Care: After School Substitute
- After School Program Lego Coordinator
- After School Program Science Coordinator
- After School Program Sports Coordinator
Summer Camp Positions
- Summer Camp Counselor
- Science Instructor
- Sports Instructor
- Swim Instructor
Contact our office at 609-737-3048